Sunday, November 25, 2012

Good in Academics but interested in not-so-professional jobs.

Good in Academics but interested in not-so-professional jobs.

I am 16 years old and some people think that i am too young to actually plan what i want to be next time.
Maybe i am. I always change my mind on what i want to do next time. Maybe because most of the time i have to consider the needs of my parents if i were to work far from state since i am the only child. Both of them are growing older and i need to be there to take care of them. I can't just leave the state or the country without having them with me. I want to be a flight attendant because i am a person who wants to make people happy and i will be very delighted if i can make someone smile. However, no matter how much i like the job, i still have to know the pros and cons. If you really work as a flight attendant, you will be away from home MOST OF THE TIME. If you often get home sick , there are always ways to overcome it. You just have to find a way to handle the fear. I never get home sick much even if i am out of state because i will call my parents at night to talk to them. Of course, trips and job are two different thing. When you are working, you have to stay committed. 

I've heard people saying that isn't it a waste if you got good academics and then you choose to be flight attendant in the end ? 
Actually, everyone is telling me that when i tell them i want to be a flight attendant. I often change my mind when i think of the cons. Now, i will stick to this ambition. As for the question above, academics is to prove to people that you can study. It is to show people that you have the brain. It doesn't mean if you study till high level , you HAVE to get the job that suits the level of your study. No, you don't have to. You can study as much as you want but when it comes to job, you have to find a job that suits your interest. If you are not happy with your job, you will not stay committed to it. Even though i never work yet, i know what am i suppose to do. I like travelling and making people smile , so i choose to be in a job where i can serve people and make people happy with my service. 
Here is another example, if you love to keep things clean and you like places to be clean, it doesn't matter if you got PhD or what. Of course, i am not asking you to be a janitor. When i say the word 'janitor' , many people will go ' Ewwwww. '. Have you ever think about this job in a positive way ? If there is no janitor or rubbish collector in this world, imagine how dirty the world will be. Like i said, if you love to keep things clean and you like places to be clean, you can start a cleaning company or something. There is no need to choose all those professional jobs that you NEED TO choose because you own a phd. You should choose a job YOU WANT to do. So , don't let anything stop you from getting into the job you like. Of course, if you want a professional job and you suck in studies, then you have to study hard. Nothing is impossible. ;) I will still choose to be a flight attendant since i love the job. However, my situation is tougher and i will have to find a way to overcome the problems i face. Anyways, good luck to those who are taking my advice ;) !